Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Slumber Party

Katie had Emily, Cami, and Lindsey over on Sat. night for her first official slumber party. She insisted we decorate the house with stockings and the Christmas tree....so I talked her into just some pink crepe paper. She also asked for fireworks but I talked her out of that too. She led her Daddy around the house directing him where and how to hang the decorations just right. She must have asked me at least 50 times "is it 5 yet? Is it 5 yet? Is it 5 yet?" Next time I will wait a little later to tell her about the pending party. They immediately began dress up followed by making their own pizzas (thanks to Nana for the homemade dough!). Emily made a peperoni tower out of hers and Lindsey's had the neatest one by far. Sad to say they were so excited that not much of the pizza was actually eaten. Next they viewed Thumbalina and ate popcorn. That didn't last long as I don't think they could be still that long so we moved on to pedicures. Eric's great idea to let the girls do my nails was the favorite activity of the evening. They did a great job!! Next came the flashlight egg hunt inside. It was a challenge to keep them in the room while we hid eggs, but somehow we managed. They LOVED it! Next we put on some music and boy did they dance. Those girls have moves I've never seen before. The rest of the night was filled with fun with Polly Pocket, ponys, more dress up, Barbies, etc. etc. I finally got them to agree to bed around 11pm. Needless to say Cami and Katie fought through until around midnight. They managed to sneak in a little midnight snack then drifted off. It was so much fun for all of us and I can't wait to do it all over again!




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like four little girls had a VERY good night, and you got some great pictures!

marcusandsarahandharper said...

You are so brave! In a few years when Harper has her first slumber party, you and Katie will have to come and chaperone. It looks like they had a great time!